Sunday, June 14, 2009

Awareness

Our day started out with an Indian food restaurant. If you know me at all, you'll know I am the pickiest eater there has ever been. Most of the food was pretty yummy!! the only things I had issues with were the 3 dishes that were so spicy, I thought my tongue was about to fall off a couple of times. then the tour started...
This experience is definitely been just as expected so far
We went and visited some of the highlights and low lights of the city.
Some of the sights were so disturbing, I just wanted to steal a crane, or a tractor, and just run over a whole street! But it's like LA, just another X-rated, adulteries street.
I knew there had to be at least one of these strips in SF, but it still surprised me to see how public, and how gross they were.
The tour ended with the poorest part of town, with just so happened to be where we were staying
as we pulled up to the parking lot, I saw 2 men chatting on the door step to one of the entrances to the church. The image has glued itself to my mind because one man was white, one was black, and they were laughing and having such a good time. I know it may sound a little 1930's to be racist, but I know at my high school, it still happens. It was just such a refresher to see 2 people getting along so well, even if they looked to be complete strangers to each other.
-Amelia Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Amelia, I am so glad that you and the others are getting this experience. I know you will bless others this week, but my guess is that God will use this week in your lives to be a blessing long after you return home.

    ReplyDelete