Monday, June 15, 2009

Thankfulness

After one night, I'm already more thankful for the little things in my life.... especially beds

For those of you who don't know (which would be everyone since we found this out when we got here) we are not the only group here. There are actually 4 other groups here. Which means there are 40 other guys in the guys room with us. Now we were prepared to sleep on the floor (with our air mattresses in tow) but we weren't prepared for 40 other guys....it's quite smelly in here right now. But last night both my air mattress and the Spainhower's mattress ran out of air...so we slept on the floor.

At first I was angry, and then I was resentful towards the other guys because they got beds and we didn't. They only got beds cause they were in the room first, what makes them so special I thought? Plus, they're all like 14 and I'm 26....when I was there age I respected my elders dang it!!

But then I realized just how selfish that thought was. I'm sleeping inside at least. This morning all over the streets we saw people sleeping. Wrapped in sleeping bags, blankets or whatever they could find lying around. After seeing that I am reminded just how blessed I am.

Teen report tonight!! And if you haven't read Amelia's post....scroll down it's worth your time.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this blog - I plan on checking on it while you all are gone. Can't wait to hear the kids and your thoughts through the week. Take care and I will praying for safety and awareness.

    ReplyDelete