Saturday, June 13, 2009

Before

Day Before

So we actually leave tomorrow and the day is pretty jam packed with getting everything ready for the week. It's a shorter mission trip this year, which is sad in some respects but good in others. In the end I remind myself, it's not the length of the mission but the quality of the service...I think I read that in a fortune cookie once.

Erin and I are doing some crazy shopping today and cleaning and praying. I know places where we'll be but I have no idea who we'll meet, what we'll do or how God will use this week. It's definately unnerving, the not knowing. We really are having to move by faith these next few days. Regardless of what happens, we did this for the Lord and His Kingdom, I hope He is pleased by the work of our souls.

I leave you with a passage that was a strong motivator in seeking out this new mission. It comes from Matthew 25

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment