Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day Numero Tres

Today was my favorite so far. We gave out peanut butter jellies (sandwiches that is). We gave out 23 because I dropped the 24th. We also worked at Operation Open Hand. I helped chop up a large box of carrots and then tie bags of raviolis and restock the freezer items. Today they gave over 300 people groceries and to be a part of it was great. While tying ravioli bags I met a guy named Eric. He was pretty young but had a good story to learn from. In 2004 he did a mission trip to San Francisco to help people. He returned to it in 2008 to find he had become one of the people he helped. He had become addicted to drugs and alchohol. He went in and out of rehab. He lived on the streets for a while also. He told me to never take for granted what I have like he did. He said to stay away from drugs and alchohol because you get deeper and deeper into it. He made me think of how i take my wealth for granted.

Noah

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how God puts people in our paths to speak his voice to us. Great comment, Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like each day has had an impact on all of you. Noah, I appreciate your honest thoughts.

    ReplyDelete